The Movement That Made 15 August 1947 Possible
Though the Quit India movement had generated controversies at the time, it is considered as one of the most important milestones in the Indian freedom movement.
- The ‘Quit India Movement’ which was launched on 8 August 1942 changed the course of Indian history.
- All the leaders and freedom fighters who participated in the movement were jailed.
- They were released only after three years, after the World War II ended.
- The Muslim League declared its support to the British on the WW II proposal.
- The Muslim League grew in strength during the war, while the Congress languished.